Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where I'm Coming From

Here's a little bit about me and why I started this blog:

I recently (within a year or two) have started following various Austrian economics blogs (Cafe Hayek and Austrian Economists are my favorites, starting to get into Think Markets) and wanted to try it out myself, but with more of a local viewpoint. I'm also attempting to enroll in graduate school in economics (hopefully at George Mason) and think that this would be a good way to begin to do more than just using the "Economic Way of Thinking".

I am also pretty furious (as a "youth") that the government is spending my money to bail out failed companies that have no business being in business. They need to fail, be liquidated, and have their resources reallocated to areas that will create wealth more efficiently. Being a young person, I will no doubt have to pay for this either through massive inflation or through massive taxes. I'm just amazed that we keep on listening to the same economists that didn't see this coming and doing exactly the opposite of what those who did predict the burst are prescribing.

No comments:

Post a Comment